Dropbox allows you to store 2GB for free – this should be enough space to store SQL Server backups for the majority of small clients. Free version of SQLBackupAndFTP now allows you to backup SQL Server databases to Dropbox directly.
- Select the databases you want to backup
- Click “Add backup Destination” and select Dropbox
- Click Authorize button to allow SQLBackupAndFTP to save to your Dropbox account
- Click Test or Run Now to verify that backups work correctly
- The backups will be stored in Apps\mySQLBackupAndFTP folder in your Dropbox account
- Now schedule your SQL backups and sleep well