Cell Phone: 917 617 5229
absolutely no calls from recruiters please
Location: New York City
Available for direct contacts from businesses for short-time web development projects.
Not interested in permanent positions. Please no calls from recruiters.
To obtain a project manager / architect / senior developer position in a web development project (ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, SQL Server). Interested only in consulting positions in New York City.
More than 11 years of experience in full cycle of software development. Dozens of successfully designed solutions and databases. Top Microsoft certifications in .NET software development (MCSD, MCAD, MCPD), SQL Server (MCDBA) and engineering (MCSE); Master of Science.
Best expertise in ASP.NET/ASP.NET 2.0, C#/VB.NET, .NET Framework, SQL Server (T-SQL, Stored Proc, DTS), UML, usability.
September 2003 - Present
New York, NY
Project Manager / Senior Developer
Pranas.NET is an IT consulting company
Developed an e-commerce web site condo-sales.com , where users can search and buy historical condominium sales information as ASP.NET (C#, VB.NET) web application with SQL Server 2000 back-end.
- Helped in formulating the business case for the site, individually designed the logical and physical structure of the application
- Created sophisticated SQL Server database to responsively handle complex queries (T-SQL, DTS, triggers, stored procedures, functions, optimization) and .NET data access components
- Implemented business logic as .NET Framework assemblies (C#, VB.NET)
- Performed Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of the web site to increase traffic
- A number of "private labels" web sites (like Condos.WiredNewYork.com) were developed where a different branding allows the sites to sell the data under their name. All sites are single code-base with dynamically applied style.
Performed Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for mrofficespace.com, yrpubs.com and cooperator.com. Redesigned the home pages for mrofficespace.com and yrpubs.com
March 2002 - September 2003
New York, NY
Project Manager / Senior Developer
Yale Robbins, Inc publishes real estate magazines, designs and hosts real estate web sites and supplies the client web sites with data.
Converted legacy Residential Buildings FoxPro application into intranet ASP.NET Web Application written in C# and VB.NET with SQL Server 2000 on the backend.
- Performed business and system analysis, designed application and database structure, converted existing data into SQL Server using Data Transformation Services (DTS) and VBScript
- Used Crystal Reports to create reports based on SQL Server database
Supervised the development of cooperator.com - a web site for Cooperator magazine. The website provides access to real estate articles and directory of companies.
- Was individually responsible for creating the web sites back-end as MySQL database and data transformation services to load the articles and directory data from in-house databases
August 2000 - March 2002
New York, NY
Project Leader / Senior Developer
Butler Intl Technology Solutions specializes in providing IT-based business solutions and technical services.
Butler Intl project for MCI-WorldCom International Network Operating Center
Built a data warehouse (SQL Server 2000), and a single point of management (Web Portal on MS SharePoint Portal Server) to a set of external systems to insure high network uptime.
- Performed business and system analysis, designed in UML the structure of three-tier solution, defined the hierarchy of classes to incorporate the business logic and implemented key components using COM+ architecture as ActiveX DLLs in MS Visual Basic 6.0
- Designed the database in MS SQL Server 2000, created specifications of SQL Server stored procedures and implemented most of them. Performed database administration
- In collaboration with WorldCom developers created components to communicate with various WorldCom systems:
- Java adapter to exchange data with Oracle database
- Java/VB adapter to exchange XML documents with another ticketing system
- Adapters to several SQL Server databases
- Was responsible for writing a number of sophisticated Data Transformation Services (DTS) in T-SQL and VBScript in SQL Server
Butler Intl project for CitiBank
Designed OLAP solution to perform multidimensional analysis of financial data using Cognos PowerPlay with existing Sybase database at the backend.
Butler Intl project for MCI-WorldCom
Took the leading role converting legacy outage warnings and status report applications to ASP - SQL Server architecture. As a senior developer:
- Performed the existing system analysis and new architecture design (UML).
- Coordinated and supervised the efforts of several other programmers.
- Individually designed MS SQL Server 2000 database, coded stored procedures (T-SQL).
- Created components in MS Visual Basic 6.0, used CDO and Outlook 2000 for messaging.
- Deployed the solution, participated in testing and documenting.
Apr 1998 - August 2000
New York, NY
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Allow large number of concurrent users to manipulate MySQL database that serves as a back-end for mrofficespace.com (OLTP MS Visual FoxPro application through ODBC drivers).
- Automatically create various HTML pages, cache them in a database for use on the web site, making it highly responsive.
- Contain OLAP applications with complete reporting tools (Seagate Crystal Reports)
- Send customized e-mails using Outlook CDO and send faxes using Symantec WinFax Pro API
St. Petersburg, Russia
Individually created database application using Visual FoxPro and VBA to handle customer information, bookkeeping, generating reports and statistical information, Word and Excel data-driven (VBA) automatic document generation. The software is used in 5 company offices in Russia and Great Britain.
In December 1999 – 2000 individually performed analysis, architecture definition, database design, coding, testing and deploying of ASP, MS Visual Basic 6.0, MS SQL Server 7.0 2-tier windows application to manage customers, flights, resorts and reservations data.
Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) - Web Developer (.NET 2.0), March 2006
The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer: Web Developer (MCPD: Web Developer) certification demonstrates that you have the comprehensive skills that are required to build interactive, data-driven Web applications that use ASP.NET 2.0 for both intranet and Internet uses.
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) - .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications (.NET 2.0), March 2006
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) (.NET), July 2003
The MCSD for Microsoft .NET credential is the top-level certification for advanced developers who design and develop leading-edge enterprise solutions, using Microsoft development tools and technologies as well as the Microsoft .NET Framework.
Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) (.NET), July 2003
The MCAD for Microsoft .NET credential provides industry recognition for professional developers who build powerful applications using Microsoft Visual StudioŽ .NET and Web services.
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform 1.4 , September 2002
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) (Windows 2000), August 2001
Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) (SQL Server 2000), August 2001
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) (Visual Studio 6.0), March 2000
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) , December 1999
M.S., Applied Mathematics and Information Technology,1995
St. Petersburg State University, Russia
Completed more than 3,000 hours of advanced mathematics and programming. Mastered OOP, C++, Basic, FoxPro, Pascal.
B.S., Applied Mathematics and Information Technology,1991
Siauliai University, Lithuania
Below are small part time projects for Pranas.NET
- Nov 2006Created Bear-Club.com - hunting web site
- Sep 2006Created IrinaMaxBallet.com - an official web site of Irina Dvorovenko and Maxim Beloserkovsky - the principal dancers in American Ballet Theater. The site is loosely based on the ASP.NET 2.0 Club Site Starter Kit
- Jun 2006 Recreated OkeanosClubSpa.com - a New York spa web site. Beautiful design with table-less valid HTML and CSS
- Dec 2005Performed SEO for Wired New York ( WiredNewYork.com )
- the number of visitors increased 200% to 3000+ unique visitors a day.
- Aug 2005Created Russian-Bath.com - a web site with a table-less CSS layout web design. Forum.Russian-Bath.com is based on Telligent Community Server. Performed Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The site is number one for "russian bath" search in all major search engines.
- Jul 2004Created LightBox JS Web Gallery Generator - a .NET windows application (C#) to create html image galleries based on Lightbox JS .
- Jul 2003Created Pranas.NET - the official company web site.